Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trader Joe's Light Coconut Milk

Ah sweet delicious coconut milk, where would I be without you? When I embarked on my Paleo Journey in October I had never cooked or regularly consumed this amazing item before. I was missing out! I am a huge fun to say the least! After trying a few different brands I have found that I prefer Trader Joe's Light Coconut Milk for a few different reasons.

1. Taste: nothing beats it! (except for homemade but I don't have the time for that one!) It's smooth, nutty, and slightly sweet, yet not heavy to keep it from being refreshing.

2. NOTHING added. That's it-nothing. No Guar gum=no weird taste. Just pure delicious coconut milk ( oh and water)!

3. "Light" I am not concerned with calories or fat, but I am concerned with texture. This milk is the perfect texture. It doesn't harden when it's cold and there isn't heavy cream on top. If you are a crazy paleo and not a fan of "light" stuff just add some coconut oil to make up for it!

4. Cost: .99 per can. The other brands usually cost $2-3 per can.

I used to allow myself to drink heavy cream in my coffee. I recently got pretty grossed out with big dairy and the heavyness of heavy cream decided to try black coffee. Yuck. So I tried coconut milk (again). I don't like any other brand in my coffee because of the taste from the additives, but this stuff is amazing. MUCH better than heavy cream. My husand even likes it better which makes life so much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment